Learn to Ride Today!
Never ridden before? Don't worry - Harley-Davidson's Riding Academy offered by Zylstra Harley-Davidson is designed to make you comfortable on a bike and give you the skills you need to ride with confidence.
or Learn More
The New Rider Course provides you with 25 hours of expert guidance from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Instructors.
- In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you'll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Courses run from April through October. All sessions are mandatory, so make sure the course fits into your schedule.
Getting Your License
When you finish the course, you'll get a MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card. Depending on your individual state this card may exempt you from having to take the riding portion of your motorcycle license test.
The card may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance. Ask your insurance company.
What You'll Need
For the New Rider Course, you'll need a valid driver's license and a motorcycle permit.
For the riding portion, Zylstra Harley-Davidson® will provide you with a motorcycle suited for the course. You'll have to bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements